I started writing this blog a month ago before the start of my Kesher Hadash semester. There has been a lot of things going on. With all of that I kept procrastinating with writing my personal blog. I did submit the required blog post for one of my classes, but there is not as much of myself in that as I would have liked. So here I go.
Before Kesher Hadash, I was a part of a 10-day trip called, "Visions and Voices, so I have been in Israel for about 6 weeks. I love where I am living. I am just so comfortable walking around Jerusalem. That makes sense after being in a place for 6 weeks, but surprisingly I felt that way almost immediately. I can't believe at home I feel here. Not to mention, my sense of direction is so much better in Israel. I have no idea why! I miss my loved ones back home, but I am enjoying my time here. I am also grateful for being cognizant of how special this time is while it's happening!
There are so many aspects to my program that I had to make a visual map [That was the substance of my first "required" blog https://prezi.com/ocmh5-kvjnuo/edit/#39_95982358]. Now, I can say I have a pretty good idea of what's going on...most of the time. This program requires a great deal of balancing.
...balancing the amount of information presented with what I can process.
...balancing group dynamics with individual relationships.
...balancing required readings, studying and homework with other interests.
...balancing Jewish identity with Israel engagement
...balancing what I want from the program with what I can contribute.
...and more.
I am still in place where I am trying to find my footing and my voice as a Jew, as a Jewish educator and as a person engaged in a relationship (as yet to be defined) with Israel. It's been an incredible journey so far and I am looking forward to what's coming next.
No comments:
Post a Comment